Monday, March 03, 2008

Some fascinating news

I know that I said that I would not write things about political things but I can't resist writing about the recent articles in a local Spanish fishwrap about the impending exodus of illegals and how bad we are about enforcing our laws. In Que Pasa there was this picture of a Honduran with his guitar and the headline in big red letters "El Exodo" or The Exodus.



The paper went on to spell out some tear-jerking stories of poor illegals who "live in fear" of unannounced visits from ICE and can't get driver's licenses so now can't get work. As a consequence, they now have to pack up and go back whence they came all because we bad Americans demand that our laws be enforced and respected. Also some of these folks are damn mad about this, saying that they have lived a perfectly law-abiding life since they have been here...Only they leave out that they are here illegally. Well, we citizens are fed up of illegals driving without insurance or licenses, have had it up to here without our ER's being so overrun that when folks arrive for emergency treatment we can't get it. We are also sick of illegal behaviour being not only rewarded but glorified. How the hell can I tell my Elito to behave when my own country rewards somebody behaving badly?

Other articles bemoaned the pending effect of all these people leaving, how our economy will suffer terribly, the prices of stuff will go up and so forth. Excuse me but I would think that things would actually get better because we won't have anymore folks mooching off the community trough. I have all the compassion and sympathy for these people but enough is enough, time to go back to whatever craphole you came from. You want to come here? Then get the heck into the back of the line and wait your turn. Do you think that if I were to overstay my tourist visa in Mexico that somebody would argue to let me stay because I now have a family? Nope, not a bit of it. Nor would there be mass marches with French or US flags. Nope. More than likely I would be arrested and deported so damn fast the ink would barely be dry on the warrant. Enough already.

Again, I do sympathize with these people but only so far. It is important that I teach Eliezer about the rule of law and personal responsibility and this is just another lesson for him.

No comments: